Today we released 1.0-beta4 release. We are one step closer to releasing the v1.0 version of the AMP plugin.
Newly Redesigned Compatibility Tool
This release includes the newly redesigned Compatibility Tool feature. Care has gone into designing this feature to improve the developer’s experience in converting sites to AMP. It provides better screen designs as well as an improved workflow to help you through the AMP validation process.
Let’s look at some example screenshots to demonstrate this feature:
We Need Your Help
We need your help to test this v0.1-beta4 release of the AMP plugin. We ask that you install the plugin, work with the Compatibility Tool, provide feedback on the workflow, and help us to ensure it’s ready for a RC release.
Did you find a bug? Do you have an idea for a feature request? Share it with us by opening an issue on the plugin repository.
Changes in this release include:
- Redesign the screens for Invalid URLs and Error Index. (1394, 1361, 1444, 1448, 1452, 1397, 1446, 1364, 1449, 1418, 1451, 1429, 1408, 1414, 1409)
- Omit validation errors sanitized by filter or tree-shaking option; since sanitization is forced, there is no point to store. (1413)
- Prevent URL validation from happening during bulk imports. (1424, 1404)
- Normalize invalid URL stored for
amp_invalid_urlpost type. (1436)
- Expose and store queried object for validated URL; show edit link. (1426, 1428, 1433)
- Re-validate the site when switching modes and show the results in a notice. (1443)
- Improve access to AMP admin screens for users who are not administrators. (1437)
- Display a welcome notice on the main ‘AMP Settings’ page. (1442)
- Fix URL protocol validation and parsing attribute values with multiple URLs. (1411, 1410)
- Restore ability to customize ‘amp’ query var when theme support added. (1455)
- Add slug constants for theme support and post type support. (1456)
- Fix ability to add AMP support for custom post types. (1441)
- Fix stretched logo and header issues in Twenty Seventeen. (1419)
- Add caption support to all amp-instagram embeds. (1438, 822)
- Fix PHP warning generated by calls to
idn_to_utf8(). (1440, 1439)
- Fix PHP fatal error during AMP validation when a plugin uses a class method as an output buffer callback. (1453)
- Update minimum PHP version from 5.3.2 to 5.3.6. (1407, 1406)
- Ensure PHP file generated for use by translate.wordpress.org is free of syntax errors. (1427, 1416)
You can also see merged pull requests and commits since 1.0-beta3. For a full list of the closed issues and merged pull requests in the 1.0 release cycle so far, see the 1.0 milestone. See also the 1.0 project board for the status what is remaining for the 1.0 release.
Previous Beta Releases
Here are the previous beta releases:
- 1.0-beta3 – Released on September 6th
- 1.0-beta2 – Released on August 6th
- 1.0-beta1 – Released on July 6th
This beta version includes all work thus far as we prepare for a release candidate (RC-1) and then the v1.0 stable release.
Not Quite Ready for Production Yet
As usual, we tested this plugin quite a bit, but this software is still in development. We recommend you not (quite) yet ship this to your production site (although we are using it for ourselves in production).